What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

Hah, that is such a loaded question! And it's funny....it's the most shrugged off one, too. It's been asked in so many situations: birthday parties, family reunions, square dancing competitions (hah).....and yet, I hadn't started taking it seriously until this year.

I am interested in going into the field of journalism. If that doesn't work out for me, I have been thinking about trying to own my own business (in wedding planning).

....I don't know where the future will take me though, honestly...I am interested in too many things!

oh wow, so many things!!

my current plan is to either marry a squillionaire or a prince and live happily ever after.... however i decided to take the IB as a back up plan just in case

Well, i dont know what i want to do as such... but i know that i want to do the international studies course at university. possibly a double degree with law.

Im really interested in history, politics and languages and would love a career that would combine all of these. At the moment im fairly interested in diplomacy maybe of some sort.

Haha i hear that most people dont decide what they actually want to be untill their thrid or fourth year of uni so im not that worried.

I'd love to be paid to travell the world though, and plan on mastering at least two other languages other thatn my mother tounge someday.

oh also i want a job that is constantly changing so i wont get bored.... but deffinalty nothing that will stress me out for the rest of my life... like medicide (soz to those people who want to be doctors or sugeons but i dont see the point in being stressed for the rest of my life, but kudos to those who do)

-soph x

At the moment, I'm looking into the field of Combinatorics & Optimization/Cyptography in Mathematics. It's one field that I'm genuinely interested in,

and is practical as well. Having a profession in the Space/Physics field wouldn't be too bad since I also enjoy it as well. Music is another one of my passions,

but of course - it's really hard to be successful so I'm not too sure about it.

• 4 weeks later...

i've always wanted to be a lawyer but then i realized that i can't give up my love of traveling and since if your a lawyer, you have to stay in one country because the law you studied would only be applicable to that country- i feel that i can't be a nomadic as i would want.

i guess, now, i would like to be an ambassador or work at any global organization.

• 1 month later...
Guest tahaqarni

i am really confused bout wat i wanna do, but presently, at least for the next 3 week sor something, i wanna do:

accounting from university of waterloo then law from university of toronto

i hear lawyers with accounting degrees make enough money rite out of skool

plz comment :P

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck saori ^^

Me? I want to be happy. I just would like a steady job...perhaps a doctor?

To be specific perhaps Neurologist. I've always been fond of researching the mind and its wonders...or Research for something. Perhaps a neurological disorder such as Lou Gehrig's Disease, or another bodily thing such as Diabetes.

I'm really not sure what to do. I don't like saying it either because it looks weird if you say your going to be a doctor and end up becoming a journalist. I like to live in the moment because the future is depressing, and so is the past. We'll see how life plays out though <3

I really wanted to be a proffessional musician, but that fell through. Metal artists don't make money!

I really like the field of medicine, doing labs, etc. However, I'm going to volunteer at the hospital to see what it's really like to work in one.

First things first though ! Survive IB....

Edited by 17631