What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

• 3 weeks later...

Wanna be a novelist. Been a dream of mine since I was 4 or something.

BUT I wanted to be an investment banker first (fast money! Yeah!) but, now, well, with all the investment banks bankrupt and all.......that goes down the drain I think.

So I'm considering being a politician or something. The current Korean government has infuriated me so much to the point where I wanna be a politician, or better yet the president, myself and fix this dang country up. :(

Diplomat! which is why I'm taking IR in Uni

I mostly want it because I get to travel a lot and the title! I mean come on! it's not everyday you can have that sort of prestige!

I mean, a lot of people can say, "yes, I'm a doctor" (not specifying which doctor but Dr.s in general)

or, "yes, I'm a lawyer"

but how many people say "yes, I'm a diplomat" <-- dude, that right there is the shizz yo =p

Be the first person to play viola in orbit or in space, and appear, as an extra, a cameo, whatever in a James Bond movie. Possibly Richard Branson style. I really have no idea what I want to do but I'd like to promote peace and cultural understanding through the Arts. It's been suggested that I should go into Arts Admin but that would bore me to tears, I'd rather play.

Failing that directly, running a record label or becoming a diplomat or international human rights lawyer. Maybe secretary-general of the UN?

... MistyRose has 150 posts? I have like 1670 on a certain other student-based forum.

Ok, so I don't know what I want to be, but I want to promote and facilitate peace and cultural understanding through the arts. Just need to figure out how to make a living doing it.

someone who has lots of money. I don' t think i could cope with being poor. but it all depends on my IB mark

wow that sounds cool!

and how did you write so many posts?!!

Probably because I procrastinate too much on IBS and I often ask idiotic, unnecessary questions.

or I just want to beat drewrow on my post count:)

A Nanotechnologist.

And here's a definition of nanotechnology:

"The science and technology of devices and materials, such as electronic circuits or drug delivery systems, constructed on extremely small scales, as small as individual atoms and molecules. A Closer Look Nanotechnology is the science and technology of precisely manipulating the structure of matter at the molecular level. The term nanotechnology embraces many different fields and specialties, including engineering, chemistry, electronics, and medicine, among others, but all are concerned with bringing existing technologies down to a very small scale, measured in nanometers A nanometera billionth of a meteris about the size of six carbon atoms in a row. (The prefix nano- comes from the Greek word nanos, which meant "little old man" or "dwarf.") Today, as in the past, most industrial products are created by pushing piles of millions of atoms togetherby mixing, grinding, heatinga very imprecise process. However, scientists can now pick up individual atoms to assemble them into simple structures or cause specific chemical reactions. Propellers have been attached to molecular motors, and electricity has been conducted through nanowires. Nanotubes made of carbon are being investigated for a variety of industrial and research purposes. In the future, nanotechnology may be able to harness the forces that operate at the scale of the nanometer, such as the van der Waals force, as well as changes in the quantum states of particles, for new engineering purposes. The development of nanotechnology holds out great promise of improvements in the quality of life, including new treatments for disease and greater efficiency in computer data storage and processing. For example, tiny autonomous robots, or nanobots, may one day be sent into human bodies to repair cells and cure cancers, perhaps even extending the human life span by many years. The simple devices created by nanotechnology so far have not yet approached the complexity of the envisioned nanomachines and nanobots. Some scientists even see a dark side to the technology, emphasizing the need for caution in its development, particularly in attempts to create nanobots that can replicate themselves like living organisms."

• 2 weeks later...

Funny because most people in IB want to go where the money is - engineering, medicine, business, blahblahblah. I want to be a teacher though. No reason really; I don't actually find the thought of teaching children particularly pleasant. I'm a lazy cynic; I'd much rather just sit home and do nothing BUT teaching is relatively painless compared to other careers.

EDIT: Not sure about teaching anymore. :'(

Edited by greaterthaninfinity

Guest shitson D:

I didn't start IB yet, but this September I am. D:

I want to be a artist/writer/film maker/traveller.

Mhmm, so. IB is kinda pointless.

But, you know. Why not put myself through 2 years of stress?

I want to have a career in accounting, nursing, or pharmacy. I'm leaning toward the first two. If I take accounting, I'll probably pair that up with international business and get my masters in accounting of course. If I become a nurse, I'll specialize maybe... no clue in what and do a few years being a traveling nurse (highly appealing to me) ;]... and maybe become a health administrator down road. I'd probably pursue an MBA, MIB, MHA ...one of those WAY down the road so I have years to choose.

Whew, seems like a lot to do.

I do want to be tall when I grow up! I'm only 5'0 flat! I want height! ;[