What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

My mom wants me to become a neurosurgeon. But, knowing me, I'd like...deflate someone's brain. "WHOOPS, SORRY ABOUT THAT...*blood squirting from poor patient's head*"

Just a bit of advice... never become someone your parents want you to be :(

I hate when parents do that to their children.

Oh, I know. :P LOL I think my mom just would like me to do it for the money. But I think having a PhD in Asian Studies will pay for itself, in due time :P

Haha that is typical for most mothers.

Mine has learned to say "As long as you live comfortably, I'll be happy with whatever career you do."

Which is fair enough haha.

Ahh, yes! The age old question of "What will make my parents happier? Medicine, Law, Business or Engineering?"

Personally, I'd want to go into Business. But let's face it, I dont have the grades to get in anywhere... :proud:

But yeah, if I did get into a uni for business I would get my bachelor, then I would want to start up my own clothing company. This company would obviously become the biggest in the world.

Figured that if I had big dreams, that even if I failed I might have perhaps managed to scam some poor investor...

Anyways kids, go make your parents happy with your masters and phds.

I want to become a surgeon, then join some charitable foundation, like Medecins Sans Frontieres. I'd also like to write a ton as well- I've always wanted to be a writer, particularily of either short stories,novels, or essays (I havent exactly choosen my medium yet).

It's either that or work in animal forensics.

As it stands, I'm completely undecided. I've been waffling between becoming an accoutant, a pharmacist, a teacher (eugh...I know), or just going to business school and seeing what transpires.

At one point, I had my entire life mapped out "flawlessly" (or so I naively thought). Now, I just don't know.

criminal lawyer :) parents dont want that tho-.- they want me to be a corporate lawyer :D

That's such a youthful revolt! :)

I'm probably gonna study physics/maths (applied to technical university). Not really decided about career yet.

Edited by ibislife

I really have no idea what I realistically want to do. Hopefully I'll figure that out in the next 2 years of high school. It's kind of been a dream of mine to be a photographer though, and actually make a decent living off of it. Seems like a pretty big gamble though to go that route.....plus the effort of taking IB would go to waste :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In all honesty, HAPPY!!!!!!! :)

I wanted to be a paramedic...but then I realised I have to be STRONG (as in lifting 250pounds up and down 8 flights of stairs kind of Strong) which I'm not, so I'm still deciding between Paramedic or Neurologist^^

AMBULANCES ARE SO FREAKING COOL!!!! :)

coolios! a thread like this!

i've got a few choices.

mum would rather i go for a science-related thing; so if that's the case, i'd like to be an engineer, an architect, or some kind of an environmental scientist :) and then i'd be a ceo of a biiiiig airplane industry 8D

but if i got to really choose what i want to do, i'd go for journalist or an english professor. journalism being top, of course. you get to both write and take pictures! and travel, too :D but i hear very heartbreaking stories of journalists who go through a lot when they're responsible for sensitive topics. i might be one of them, if i ever make it to being a journalist :\ maybe after spending a few years as a journalist, i'd like to be editor-in-chief :)

archaeologist sounds good too.

im crazy? pfft-chyea.