Internal Assessment Help

COCOK

i was hoping if someone could tell me if my question is to broad pleasse?

How far were German Grievances of the Treaty of Versailles Justifiable?

my teacher says the question is fine..but i dont completely trust him it is his first year teaching ib...

His idea was that on part b

i just list the treaties impositions on germany.... such as the common ones..... disartment war guilt clause

and then say the grievances.....

i have no idea how D should be? what worse is that he forced me to do this question and then he says figure it out yourself in my opinion i should only focus on some not all as hey says

after all isnt the analysis supposed to have different views of the matter??? and since it is a small essay it is impossible forme to do all of the grievances///

i dont know maybe im being bratty but what do u think i should do leave it as it is...or focus in certain clauses only like the reparations for example

anyone have any suggestions/??

thank you

Are you still looking for help? If so, I can explain the basics of each part, although they pretty much follow what you're thinking.

Also, I'd rather be broad. It's easier :P

But seriously, when you're researching, don't limit yourself to one clause. Research the entire thing thoroughly, and make an index or something of what resources talk about what. Get organized that way. Then if you can talk about one clause for 1500+ words, well there's no need to write on a broader subject. What do you think?

thank you sooo much... i couldnt thank you before ... i was trying to get the hand of this reply thingy....anyway i like your idea about the index ill set it on motion...

however youd said broader will be much easier but would that mean a higher grade or not?

sorry for ur troubles and than YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

No problem.

I was saying keep research broad so that you don't eliminate a possibly good topic. Then I said if you find tons of stuff on something narrow like one clause, then write about it. I believe your investigation will look better if it's more focused, so your grade will be higher with a narrower topic, granted everything else is good!

Yes. Narrow is key. I've got a pretty narrow topic and am well beyond the word limit :P.

I started off with:

What was the role of US foreign policy in the Rwanda Genocide?

this led me to...

How significant were the United States' actions in the involvement of the United Nations in the 1994 Rwanda Genocide?

and finally to...

How significant were the United States' actions in the deployment of United Nations troops in the 1994 Rwanda Genocide?

I would definitely go with one clause.

• 2 weeks later...