I'm about to kill myself! EE on Psychology.

gunce

Hello everyone!. I really do need someone to help me because I can't contact with my supervisor and this the time I need him the most. Well, I'm writing my ee on Anorexia and I keep changing my research question and I can't start to write. When I start to write, I find myself paraphrasing from a book and I guess that's not allowed???!. Well, what should I do? I'm afraid of doing the wrong thing. Someone plz help

Ermm just some generic advice?

You've finished your researching, I presume. And you have your RQ. If you haven't already, make a fairly detailed outline, with the major examples. Plan out how you're going to answer your research question, that is. Kinda like an informal abstract.

When you start writing and find yourself saying the same thing as an author, it means that you're trying to describe the person's thoughts. No one person has the rights to a concept. You read up on pertinent information to be able to talk about it. To synthesize different viewpoints. And then to present your own view coherently.

You're allowed to paraphrase as long as you still cite. But your content can't be an amalgam others' works, obviously. I think it's okay to say Person1 explains this phenomenon as blahblahblah. X and Y support his argument. Person2 says such-and-such, and this is why it makes sense: _______. Within all of this, you need criticize. That'll be your own work. After you present others' views, you synthesize. Pick the solid points, defer the others.

This wasn't really psychology-specific as I have no experience in that area. You can read through others' psychology EEs to get a feel for methods as well as absorb what the EE guide has to say if you have not done so already. That's all I can offer. Hope it was somewhat helpful.

Edit: P.S. Don't kill yourself!

Edited by sweetnsimple786