Moving...

onetoughcookie

Of course!

It's IBO.International.

They will let you move, but the two schools will have to collaborate on what you have done and what you don't for IAs.

And then you will complete the ones they finished already, and the ones they have yet to do that you completed you wont have to do! XD

I was thinking of doing that. The problem comes when you have to match World Lit books (English A1), and you need to make sure that your school either does the same books or ensure that the new school registers your different books because after all, you can't start with a whole new set of books after IB1.

As far as the IAs are concerned, that doesn't matter much since you have to do those yourself and the course is the same.

You would need to make sure that either the new school isn't too far ahead in teaching new stuff, or if they don't follow it chronologically via the syllabus (like do Stats first instead of Calculus in Maths or something) If that happens, you're screwed because you will have to make it up yourself.

You would need to make sure that either the new school isn't too far ahead in teaching new stuff, or if they don't follow it chronologically via the syllabus (like do Stats first instead of Calculus in Maths or something) If that happens, you're screwed because you will have to make it up yourself.

Be nice. Even if they've done something you haven't, you'll most likely have done something they haven't, so it'll even out.

Be nice. Even if they've done something you haven't, you'll most likely have done something they haven't, so it'll even out.

FYI. A. I am being nice and B. it does not even out, because the OP will have to make it up themselves which is a bitch if it's more than one subject to make up. It's more effort that what it's worth, they will have to get used to new teaching styles, make new friends and what not.

All I'm sharing is my own problems when I was considering a move, despite the fact that it's called 'International Baccalaureate', it's probably easier moving with A-Levels or something.

Well the crucial thing is to contact your new schools to make sure they actually offer all the subjects you're taking. And yes, some problems do exist but it's not unsolvable. I think the worst thing would be A1 Language since you have to do the exam on the books you registered with otherwise you lose a whole lot of marks.

Even if the school doesn't offer your subject, it's still possible to take it as self-study. We had somebody come over and do that for B&M.

Usually whereever you're going will do their best to accomodate you, although of course in terms of continuity, the best method is simply to stay put :P

I'm not sure how that works in the states, but I have a friend who moved to another school after finishing half of IB1. Actually, since she moved from Australia to Hong Kong, and the school dates work differently, she had to start IB all over again.

Yeah I dont think its that difficult, I mean its IB! It should be the easiest change to make! And as sandwich said, if they dont offer your subject just do self-study or at a distance with your former teacher..

Im moving in December, in the middle of IB2 so am also quite freakin out lol

Good Luck!

• 11 months later...

Its relieving to know that I am not alone in this, I am moving to a new country who speak a language that I don't know, and it is both intimidating (I will do self study for A1 SL) and exciting (a new experience). The good thing is that I will leave my current IB school, a school which I hate greatly (Friends and Peers not included in the Hate)