What did you take with you the first day of school?

The Economist

IB is starting in less than a month and I'm really excited. I even cleaned up my bag 3 weeks ago XD (I know it's stupid)

But my question to you guys is, "What did you take with you the first day of school?".

When I say school I mean IB. There are some people giving me a couple of ideas ( like Peachez, btw thanks :) )

How many notebooks should I take?

Get a big or a small bag?

Get chocolates and gums ? :P etc.

Anyway I hope I get a lot of replies because I'm kind of confused :P

Edited by Watermelon

IB is starting in less than a month and I'm really excited. I even cleaned up my bag 3 weeks ago XD (I know it's stupid)

But my question to you guys is, "What did you take with you the first day of school?".

When I say school I mean IB. There are some people giving me a couple of ideas ( like Peachez, btw thanks :) )

How many notebooks should I take?

Get a big or a small bag?

Get chocolates and gums ? :P etc.

Anyway I hope I get a lot of replies because I'm kind of confused :P

Aww, I am so excited for you now :)

I would just take a scrap sort of a notebook to school on the first day. Um writing instruments... pens, pencils, etc. It's because each teacher wants you to have different type of notebook/binder... so better if you don't buy it and then have to re-buy it all!

So, the first day, just check things out... of what is expected and what is not... and then you can plan the rest of your school year accordingly.

One thing I do advise you to do is sit in the front of the class. Like the second seat or such. The first seat is... just too uncomfortable. I know it sounds realllly nerdy but teachers do seem to like that :P

Awww, you mentioned me there, how sweet of you XD

Oh, I like the idea about sitting in the front. I actually sit in the very front in most of my classes (it has nothing to do with nerdiness)!

You want to make friends on the first day of school? Bring chockolate and share it with people :P ! (haha, I love it!) Wear comfortable clothes. Don't wear too much make-up. Bring some energy drinks with you, just in case if you will not get enough sleep :P .... :P (preparation for the two upcoming years).

You're so cute with asking such random and silly questions. :)

Eh, I guess it varies from school to school and so on. We start lessons the very first day (after a few introductions). Our school also hands out pretty much every single book required for the year on the first day, so they advise you to bring an additional bag for them.

Other than that, pen, pencil, paper, and a calculator will get you pretty far. :P

Pencils, pens, bookbag, lunch, money(T-shirts or clubs), and a few sheets of paper or a notebook.

If you don't go to open house, then the teachers will tell you what you'll need to buy for their class,take notes on their requirements.

If you do go to the open house, bring whatever the teachers advised you to bring at open house.

Good luck! :P

Bring a bag that wont split/ have its straps break when you have it crammed with books. I went through bags like toilet paper in IB; the amount of books you need for IB is ridiculous, and I suggest getting a proper backpack so you don't get backache. I had those slouchy handbags that Kate Moss likes to carry around, and although they look great your shoulders will ache and your posture will suffer.

I wouldn't bother buying files or binders yet, because you won't know which ones tecahers want (if they're picky about it). When you do buy them, buy one for each subject you have and file papers in chronologically.

As for writing materials, all you need is normal things like you had in MYP/10th grade. Highlighter, pens (black and blue, some IB sheets can only be filled in in black ink) , pencils, eraser, and a mini-stapler is a cool thing to have (no one in class ever had staplers). Don't bother buying compasses or geometry equipment for Maths; it'äs not needed. You need a graphing calculator, but your school may rent these out (mine did) so wait before buying one.

And bring lunch and break with you. It sucks being hungry in class. And a water bottle.