Addictions due to IB

Fezz

Well, there are geniuses/good time managers out there who find IB breezy.

I think it also depends on your very own expectations. For someone who just wants average test results/who simply can't be bothered find IB realtively easy.

For those who strive to be their very best will, inevitably stress.

Some of my friends don't worry much about tests and still get decent marks. Again, it depends on the individual. Most of these people don't have much extra-curricular activities/extra admission tests. I guess it lightens their load a bit. With SATs/UKCAT/BMAT/etcetc/tons of extra-curriculars, the academic side of IB becomes more challenging. Time is limited. Personally, I feel pressured all the time, the only thing I take to make me stay up late is coffee. Seriously, I think power-naps are so much more efficient. Oh and so is studying in the morning :P.

Well, there are geniuses/good time managers out there who find IB breezy.

I think it also depends on your very own expectations. For someone who just wants average test results/who simply can't be bothered find IB realtively easy.

For those who strive to be their very best will, inevitably stress.

Some of my friends don't worry much about tests and still get decent marks. Again, it depends on the individual. Most of these people don't have much extra-curricular activities/extra admission tests. I guess it lightens their load a bit. With SATs/UKCAT/BMAT/etcetc/tons of extra-curriculars, the academic side of IB becomes more challenging. Time is limited. Personally, I feel pressured all the time, the only thing I take to make me stay up late is coffee. Seriously, I think power-naps are so much more efficient. Oh and so is studying in the morning :P.

he lives in florida so no it's not legal there Tilia

and has anyone mentioned online forums yet? :P that was my worst! damn TSR

But doesn't someone do something about it then? Or are they that good in hiding it?

Agree about online gorums, where else can you get symphaty if something goes badly? :P

• 4 weeks later...

I think my addiction would have to be chocolate. Although I ate it before the IB, I tend to eat it way more this year, and even last year. I'm trying to cut back though. It does help me destress though, and it makes me feel better, and I think it's less destructive than alcohol and drugs.

he lives in florida so no it's not legal there Tilia

and has anyone mentioned online forums yet? ;) that was my worst! damn TSR

But doesn't someone do something about it then? Or are they that good in hiding it?

Agree about online gorums, where else can you get symphaty if something goes badly? :P

It's a risk a lot of people are willing to take for the release that comes with it. Stupid, right?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I wouldn't say it's a true addiction but I do eat a LOT more than I used to now... I used to not really eat when I wasn't hungry. Not that I never snacked, but I only ate a lot when I was in a very emotional point... after a fight with friends or family or whatever. But now it's like.. I take a break from work and I go down to the kitchen and eat. And then I get a cup of tea and hey, can't have a cup of tea without a cookie, or a sandwich... at first I was keeping to healthy stuff, carrot sticks or fruit, but now it's like I always go for the unhealthy stuff. Gah. IB is killing me AND it's making me fat.