An investigation into the consumption and affects of the artificial

IB=hell

I've finally thought of something I'm interested in. And that is the artificial. Artificial everything.

Mostly I've narrowed down to Baby formula milk and the use of Aspartame as an artificial sweetener.

These are both topics which worry, and therefore interest, me.

I am most interested in aspartame. I always think that I'd rather drink a fizzy drink containing sugar than risk whatever aspartame can do to me health-wise.

Does it sound reasonable that my experiment be in testing what happens when introducing.. something.. to a diet drink containing aspartame and it's counterpart regular drink containing similar or identical incredients without the aspartame?

If I experimented on this and wrote about the possibilities of health risks as well as on research into what other people have discovered, would this be reasonable for my EE? All I want is to pass it!

First of all, the comparision between baby formula and human milk is clearly outlined in the Biology Study Guide. So, it definately is not something you should do.

Artificial sweetners, however, sounds interesting. However, how are you going to organize an experiment for it? Is it just going to be a research paper? Testing on humans? Hm..

Edited by 1-2-3

I know very little about this, but just a suggestion, if you weren't already thinking of it before--see if you can add something naturally found in the body to a solution that has aspartame. You'd want something that causes a bad side effect. I don't know. Nothing noxious, of course! But evolution of a gas or precipitate that hinders a normal body function? Or evolution of something that can, in large amounts, affect the function of an organ? Like it might not be dangerous in trace amounts and can be found in the body naturally, but if it builds up, it's bad?

I know very little about this, but just a suggestion, if you weren't already thinking of it before--see if you can add something naturally found in the body to a solution that has aspartame. You'd want something that causes a bad side effect. I don't know. Nothing noxious, of course! But evolution of a gas or precipitate that hinders a normal body function? Or evolution of something that can, in large amounts, affect the function of an organ? Like it might not be dangerous in trace amounts and can be found in the body naturally, but if it builds up, it's bad?

Yeh, I was thinking of adding something to a solution with aspartame and to a solution without and seeing what happened. =]

Thankyou :D

First of all, the comparision between baby formula and human milk is clearly outlined in the Biology Study Guide. So, it definately is not something you should do.

Artificial sweetners, however, sounds interesting. However, how are you going to organize an experiment for it? Is it just going to be a research paper? Testing on humans? Hm..

That's a shame!

It does sound interesting doesn't it? I figured I could put something in a solution containing aspartame (such as diet coke) and doing the same with a solution not containing aspartame (like real coke), draw a comparison etcetera =]

:P