Very simple IA Question

Berns099

I am currently writing the second draft of my History IA and it's mostly focused on the US' influence on the United Nations during the 1994 Rwanda Genocide.

Do you think it is okay to write UN and US in Sections BCDE, as opposed to United States and United Nations?

As you may realize I am struggling staying within the word limit.

Yes, I would day it's fine. They are commonly used abbreviations. Use the proper name for each the first time you mention them in the IA, and from then on use the abbreviations. If you want, you could add the abbreviation in brackets after the first time you mention it e.g. The United States (US) played an important role, as did the United Nations (UN) in the conflict... . It's only 2 extra words in the brackets added on to the word count. And if you're really pressed for words (e.g. you're 5 words over), just lie and say you have 1,997 words or soemthing simialr. No one checks. But don't lie about it if you've got 100 or 200 words extra. That will be noticed.