EE in English A1 Help

moe23

hey everyone, i have a question of the format for the english ee's. Is the format of the extended essay supposed to be in standard essay format or is it just anything that you want to be (for example intro,body and conclusion but you decide how many quotations and the structure, etc). Can anyone please eleborate? Thanks

No, it's not the same but it is similar. There's a max 300 word abstract that you need to include first, and there are other criteria that you need to fulfill, so your style, voice and length of paragraphs may not be what you're used to depending on this. You should read the Grout 1 details as well as details for all EEs. The EE guide can be found here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=109

Along with the abstract, table of contents, any appendices etc that are outlined in the criteria, the Extended Essay should have the standard essay basics: intro, body, conclusion. For me, I split my body into different sections for a title with each one. It just made it easier to go through my points and organise my essay.

There are also nitpicky things like formatting (citing, footnotes, page numbers) which you should remember to include, but I'm guessing your IB Coordinator will let you know of those things in due course.

Good luck!