EE Flute Music

Biowiz

We've just received our extended essays and we have to choose a subject and topic. There's a few subjects that i'm interested in, however the idea of doing a music EE really appeals to me at the moment. I'm a flute player and i'm really interested in flute music. I was thinking perhaps i could investigate something along the lines of different interpretations of Debussy's flute music. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or if there will be enough to write.

any advice?

I don't think you should do it on music unless you are very certain about your choice. Perhaps playing it safe would be the best way to go? Also, if you can find a few examples on a music PS then this would be a bonus. Also, speak with your teacher about it. The bad thing is that not many people choose music for the ee, but maybe this means you'll have the chance to do something very creative and different.

Anyways good luck and hope you do well.

From what my EE mentor told me (I also am doing Music, I recently finished writing mine), do not do anything involving interpretations. Stick to strict musical analysis of the score in order to prove your argument.

EDIT: You should also have plenty of theory knowledge before even thinking about doing a Music EE. But if you have a lot, then personally, I'd actually recommend you to do a Music one. It's different from the rest of the kids at school (probably), and I actually found it A LOT of fun. I never got bored, and it was fun listening through different pieces trying to figure out which one I'd do.

Edited by KLSmash

I've decided that i will go with a music EE, i don't think anyone else at school is going to. I don't take music at school but i'm fairly advanced with the Trinity exams (I've already done grade 8 flute). However i think that i still need to think about my topic. I still want to do something to do with flute music though.

Thanks for your help.