Extended Essay History

Guitar19

I have started writing my extended essay in history. My question is, is my research question good and acceptable?

To what extent was the structure of Spartan society responsible for its success in war?

Oh and if you can give me some pointers and help on how can I make my research question and essay better.

Thanks. ;)

I personally love the topic! Seems quite original.

It seems fine the way it is. I don't know if it's too broad because I don't know how much information is available on your topic. If you go to your local library and find 20 books about it, there's a good chance you can focus it more to one or two aspects of the society. Patriarchal-related maybe, religion, or maybe all of their important people live in the middle of their cities, and the more you are on the outskirts of town, the less important you are? that was pretty specific, but I was thinking of the Incas. [or maybe it was the Mayans? ;)]

I think that you'll get a better feel the more research you do. =)

I have started writing my extended essay in history. My question is, is my research question good and acceptable?

To what extent was the structure of Spartan society responsible for its success in war?

Oh and if you can give me some pointers and help on how can I make my research question and essay better.

Thanks. biggrin.gif

Its a good start but I am afraid it is too broad right now. As sweetnsimple786 said, do some research and find ONE factor in the structure of the Spartan society that you think has a very significant impact. Don't deal with everything in the spartan society, as 'structure' is a very broad term.