What is the hardest part of IB, in your opinion?

Taigan

Well, it probably depends on the person. Personally, I had a lot of troubles with my maths IAs and the lab raports are pretty tough too. I haven't done the exams yet, but I can imagine that the preparation for them can be rather painful :)

Just spend time on your IAs and plan your time, and I think it'll be fine.

I hate the sciences, and every single aspect of them. The multiple choice paper, the labs, options... I did like the G4 though, but that's probably because we had a couple of days off school. My incessant hate was spurred by 3 bad teachers for Physics.

- Having only 10 days to finish your Maths IA.

- Multiple choice Science.

- Having incompetent teachers who do not give you the proper World Lit guidelines and marking your papers with Level 7's despite the fact that they do not fit the criteria ¬¬. Hence, having to write them all over again...

My least favourite part were the 3.5 weeks just before lessons ended in IB2 when we had to complete all the Maths portfolios, WL essays, Oral Assessments (for A1 and B), ToK essays, CAS paperwork and science IAs simultaneously, whilst knowing that most people around the world had probably already started revising! It was demoralising and took a great deal of effort (and caffeine). Make sure your teachers spread your workload! IB stress is the worst kind.

Comparative to the cumulative effect of them all at once, there was no single thing which really got me more than anything else!

• 4 weeks later...

In hindsight, at the beginning of my IB I thought my EE would be the worst. But the hardest thing for me, probably was last week, when I had my Maths IA due, My final Theatre oral and mock exams. I kept handing my maths IA in and I kept getting it back to fix things up, and I had to write my oral in 5 days, which i really didn't want.

My EE was probably one of the easier things once I got started!

• 5 months later...

thb, the EE wasn't that bad. Nor was the TOK essay or TOK presentation or any of the courseworks. Once you do everything you have to do at the moment you have to do it and don't put it off, you'll be fine. The hardest bit is probably to get yourself revising once the exams are coming closer and closer :D (which is my case atm :S )

• 3 months later...

The exam for me is the hardest part. But not necessarily the exam itself, it's the studying that leads to the exam. I get so stressed and nervous about what the end results are that I find myself thinking why am I in the program in the first place.

Honestly, the hardest part for me was finishing my CAS hours, but that was only because I had to get 100 of Creativity and Action instead of just 50 because of school requirements. The only real issue was action, because I'm just not a terribly active person in general, and the things I do do don't really have a supervisor, so it's difficult to actually get the hours.

If your school has normal CAS hours, the hardest part is probably labs if you do two or more sciences. They're due at the same time generally, and they can really stack up if your teacher doesn't space them out well (we had 27 chemistry labs due on the same day, and they hadn't been assigned all that long ago. Quite a fun time that was). It's very difficult to complete a large number of labs in a short period of time, and the markscheme makes it very difficult to do particularly well on labs, because it's very punitive and everything is marked out of 2, so partial marks are not really an option.

Everyone thinks extended essay will be the hardest part, but I think that as long as you've chosen something interesting, easy to write about, or both, the extended essay will actually be one of the easier things you do. Time consuming, but easy.

• 2 months later...