What was everyone doing before IB?

Taigan

I had no plans of doing IB at all....I didn't even know about it till I finished my IGCSE (which was a complete walk in the park compared to IB). After my IGCSE I heard about IB from a friend so I researched on it and found it pretty interesting (little did I know... :D ) so basically I just called up one of the 5 schools that offered it in like the whole country :D , did an interview and nw i do IB!

I was going on the normal American Diploma route which consists of taking 1 science, 1 social science, 1 math, 1 English, 1 arabic, and 2 electives (I did debate/economics) every year. Honestly, it didn't prepare me for IB at all! Math SL is proving to be exhausting because our school's math curriculum is completely different than that of the IB! Seriously the stuff we were learning in 9 and 10 were all presumed knowledge; so nothing we're doing now is old - it's all new! pfft. The teacher says we're the worst math SL class, and I agree with her. Science preparation was okay, I guess. Social science preparation was perfect! English prep was okay, not too good, but the one it did help in was developing good writing skills. No wonder why people who were in my school for their whole life never got the top mark every year. It's always a transfer student...

Edited by Dreamer94

• 3 months later...

I am in my second IGCSE year. I really think IGCSE prepares you for IB. Since it is definitley much more challenging than GCSE. I think if you did IGCSE extended maths, and got a pretty high grade, you are definitley capable of doing HL maths in IB :P

I am in my second IGCSE year. I really think IGCSE prepares you for IB. Since it is definitley much more challenging than GCSE. I think if you did IGCSE extended maths, and got a pretty high grade, you are definitley capable of doing HL maths in IB :P

But with all due respect, you've never done IB maths to any level! I don't see how you could say this having only had experience of one and a bit years of iGCSEs. It's difficult to compare two things if you don't know anything about one of them.