Sign in to follow this  

Math EE - Appropriate way to collect data?

I'm doing an EE on a bee's ability to fly despite it being mathematically impossible.

So I'm using bee dimensions with an airplane equation to first show how they calculated this. My question is, am I allowed to pull information from a data collection that scientists have already done to prove the possibility of bee flight? Because I know they used some sort of high-tech technology to slow-motion bee flight and find wing flaps per second. Or are there any other ways you can suggest for me to find, for example, the wingspan of a bee myself?

I know this seems sort of like a silly question but I want to know what I can do to maximize EE points.

Thank you!

I suppose you've looked through the EE guide. From my knowledge, you can use others' numbers [as long as you give them credit, of course!]. But your EE should show that you truly understand what the scientists did.

Tehe I don't know if I would want to try to physically want to measure the wingspan of live bees! Eek!

Anyways, it's in your best interest to read the EE guide thoroughly, keeping your question in mind. [found here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=109] That's all I got!

Edited by sweetnsimple786