Skip classes to study at home.

ephika

Not a good idea to skip TOK, by the way. Somebody in the year above us skipped TOK, didn't get enough TOK hours and got kicked out of our school when it transpired she couldn't make it up by sitting in on all our lessons (which she did for a month or so). Unless this was our school being random, attend TOK!

I had pre-IB last year and skipped a lot of classes, mainly in the afternoon. Usually if I know that it's just going to be a work period or sometihng like that, I stay at home because I know I will be more productive and focused there. I would never want to skip math or any of the sciences, but I'm usually okay for English and social. Next year in IB1 I don't see myself skipping so much though.

Do/did you skip IB classes to study at home?

I'm seriously thinking of skipping two classes a week that ruin my schedule completely. I can't stand having to wake up at 6.30, start school at 8.20 and finish at 16.30-17.00 four days a week, with huge gaps in between classes and having to travel 1 hour to get to school. I don't think I will miss that much. The schedule that I have right now is probably more likely to affect my grades in a negative way. =/

Last year I ended later than 16.30 most days and on Thursdays, I was in school between 8.10 - 17.40 without any gaps.

I don't skip classes, mostly because we just aren't allowed to, and I don't mind them that much. However, sometimes I do think that I could study maths more efficiently at home instead of studying in my loud maths group.

So, it depends on the classes. Discussion classes, such as languages and ToK, you'll better go to, but for maths for example, it could be better to study it at home.