Where have you travelled?

I've not travelled anywhere near as much as I'd like to; I've seen a lot of amazing places (including the country I live in! most people don't appreciate their home country and it's hard to, but sometimes it's really refreshing to take a step back and admire where you live) but I've got a lot on my list to see. So far: British Isles, Holland, France, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Canary Islands, Cape Verde Islands, Malta and Gozo, Greece, Thailand, UAE, America and Canada. My list of places to go (in order of how much I NEED to go) is: Madagascar, Central and South America (pretty much Mexico to The Falklands and everything in between :S ), Scandinavia (I've been to Norway, but I was too young to remember), New Zealand, India and Vietnam. Lots to look forward to and works towards :)

I live in Australia, but I lived in England for 8 years, so my family took that opportunity to go travelling a lot because everything was so close!

I've been to:

Scotland,

France,

Germany,

Poland,

Italy,

Slovenia,

Austria,

Czech Republic,

Greece,

Turkey,

Morocco,

Jordan,

Croatia,

Corsica & Sardinia,

Cyprus,

Antigua,

Barbados,

St Lucia,

Japan and

New Zealand.

Most for significant periods of time, not just two days or something.

Edited by sarahlouise

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE traveling! My dream is to pretty much go around the world. I've been too....

Cananda (where I live, Montreal, Quebec City, St. Andrews New Brunswick)

USA (Detroit, New York, Chicago, Washington, Dallas, Houston, Allen, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, Las Vegas, Orlando, New Orleans, random parts of Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida)

France (Paris, Normandy)

Belgium (some random city...)

Netherlands (another small town, random countryside, Amsterdam)

Germany (random countryside, Berlin)

India (random parts of Punjab, Delhi, Dharamshala, other random parts in the North)

Feel pretty lucky to go where I've gone so far considering money. But I hope in the future I'll have enough money to fulfil my dreams. The place I dream to go next is either Spain or Brazil.

Canada (numerous cities)

USA (numerous cities)

Bangladesh

Greece

France

England

Netherlands

Germany

Czechoslovakia (the last five were on a history trip for the VE day ceremonies)

I went on the same VE Day Trip! Instead I went to France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. Did you go in May 2010?

Canada (numerous cities)

USA (numerous cities)

Bangladesh

Greece

France

England

Netherlands

Germany

I went on the same VE Day Trip! Instead I went to France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. Did you go in May 2010?

Yeah I did with 20 other kids at my school! It was amazing, no? And yeah, I forgot to put Belgium, Czech was on on my own time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Canada (numerous cities)

USA (numerous cities)

Bangladesh

Greece

France

England

Netherlands

Germany

How old are you? The only way that you could've visited Czechoslovakia is if you were over 19 (and you'd still probably be a baby at the time of your visit). Another possibility is that you don't know the name of the country that you visited, which is just extremely sad.

Edited by Costello

• 1 month later...

Since i'm Born half Asian-European i travel quite a lot,

Sweden,Norway,Finland,Denmark,Germany,Austria,Switzerland,France,Spain,Italy, England

Sri Lanka,Maldives,Thailand,Lao,Burma,Cambodia,Malaysia, Singapore,South Korea, Hongkong,

Japan, Australia, New Zealand. ^_^

Edited by Carl Hallin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Positron

Sweden

Norway

Estonia

Denmark

Latvia

UK

France

Germany

Lichtenstein

Switzerland

Austria

Greece

Spain

USA

Tunisia

Senegal

Gambia

Cape Verde

and of course domestic traveling here in Finland.

Edited by Positron

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Rock Hill, SC, USA; FYI- small small town, really close to Charlotte, NC though which happens to be one of the biggest cities in the Southeast, where a lot of people go on weekends to do things- to get to the point, not a lot of us travel a lot due to most family being here, and not a lot of financial resources. Last year, however, I was fortunate enough to be able to go Italy, France and Spain for 19 days with a program called People to People, which establishes Student Ambassadors around the world to travel and make connections with other countries. It was amazing and I hope one day to go visit Italy again and go backpacking up the peninsula all the way back up to Nice, France :) it was my first overseas trip, and I've seen most of the continental U.S., I love the constant reminder of history and memorable people that once lived there, I'm thinking of becoming an Anthropologist one day and studying cultures, so everything there held a certain fascination for me.

• 1 month later...

I travelled when I was younger so I didn't really get to appreciate the places I went to, which I regret :(

But I'm from Canada, live in Ontario, and I've visited BC too. In terms of other countries, I've been to the US, Mexico, and China :) I'm going to Europe this August to visit Switzerland and Germany! :D

I live in the U.S. and I've been to: New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Louisiana. I'll soon be going to North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

I recently attended a school service trip to Santa Tecla, El Salvador over spring beak around Easter time. It was a really amazing trip because only 7 students (including me) went with two awesome chaperones. Plus, I feel like my level of Spanish definitely increased while being down there. :)