If I'm VIP, why can't I download files?

Taigan

It comes down to the fact that IBS is a community and we want to encourage long term stays from our users. While the minimum requirement is 100 posts to VIP but we also look at the length of time you've been on the forum. We don't encourage people to get quickly get 100 posts for the sake of gaining VIP status because from experience, it means the person would just never show up again after they have access to the files. So when this does happen we can restrict your access until we feel that you would stick around with or without the VIP. Yes, we know that the download is one huge factor that bring in members but we want people to realise that is not what the VIP group is for. VIP isn't about getting the files, you have the subscription for that. This may sound personal (it is), but many VIP are hand-picked which is why out of 13700 members we only have ~200 VIPs.

So what I'm saying is, you need to prove to be a member of the community to be VIP. A member who is active in the beginning for the sake of VIP access and would become inactive after VIP is of little use to us. In a nutshell, we want to know you're here to stay (for a reasonable amount of time) before we VIP you fully.

• Like 4

Another point I just have to mention, the posts that supposely give you VIP should be useful and not just replying for the sake of saying something. As a matter of fact, asking for help as well as giving should have got you VIP properly.

*sorry Hien, I had say that part* :P

• Like 2