How do you deal with bad grades?

faith

I too envy those of you for whom final IB grades and predicted grades are the only ones that matter. Here we have to keep our GPAs up and so every test counts. Thankfully, I have been able to avoid really bad grades in all of my subjects, but the possibility (especially since I have no clue about what is going on in Graph Theory) is always there.

The grade I was most sad about was my MYP personal project, which I got one point higher than a C on last year. There were some issues surrounding that, but my childish anger prevented me from going to the MYP night and I was overall very immature about it. However, I redid the project and got an A on it, but nonetheless, I learned to be chill about bad grades and just make sure to do far better on the next test.

My IOP is in two days and I haven't even finished my rough draft so perhaps its time to steel myself for another bad grade . . .

• 9 years later...

I used to get bad grades, even before I get to IB. Mistakes I made were bad, but the worst part was that I can't change it. All I can do is learn from your mistakes and move on. You shouldn't be ashamed to get a low score. I even got a 2 in Biology and Physics one time and that's okay. You're still learning, and it's a continuous process. From the worst of your times can turn into a experience one, so don't get discouraged.