Recording CAS Activities

Hello,

There are multiple ways of desplaying your CASport to the IB. I am pretty sure that any way is fine for the organization. Really, I do not think it matters for them how you display it, but it is always nice to have something out of the ordinary.

I know two ways of how it is possible, so here you go.

1. the way I do it. Just simply make a table on Word which shows all the information of how many hours of what activity you did etc. Then, write a one paragraph short summary about each activity and then at the end, the overall summary of CAS as a whole.

2. There is also a place online to enter in your CAS information. I do not know which website it is for sure, but I know people who used that system and they very much liked it.

But, I would recommend you not to waste too much time on the outline of it, I do not think it really matters all that much.

Hey guys,

Thank you soo much for all the ideas and advise..!!

Peachez, I think I'll consider the word document option, and thanks again!

Watermelon, can you scan in the info to show me how it's done? Thanks!!

CAS Maniac, I know, my CAS coorinator did suggest a website, but isn't that too compliated?

THanks!

Our school said we would have to keep a type of journal to explain how we achieved each of the outcomes. As some of you may be aware, the new CAS system requires the student to fulfill a number of outcomes, so completing tasks won't be enough. We have to write a sort of journal explaining the experience. I don't think it will be hard though. I think something like this will be appropriate:

Outcome: increase strength bla bla bla

Number of hours: bla bla

Experience: bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ask your school if they have any sheets for you to fill in maybe. We just had a load of grids with columns for activity, time taken, date and signature, then at the end a separate sheet to "reflect" on what you'd done by answering a load of questions. Wayyy easier than writing a journal. Although I made the mistake of filling in all mine the day before the CAS deadline which was a right pain because it turns out there are only so many words to come up with to "reflect" on stuff. I think at the end of mine I just gave up trying to think of new amazing skillz CAS apparently gave me and just started writing "I am now more determined" and "I learned how to work in a team" alternately, as appropriate until I'd finally finished. Took so long even though I only documented the minimum :| Bad times.

If your school can agree with you an official format it's way more timesaving than having to write a whole journal about being more determined if you can condense all that determination into cumulative 10 hourly "sheets of reflection" -- ideally you'd want something structured instead of something open.

Charizard said a blog - that's what I was thinking too. But like hte above user said, structure = the best and that may be a little too unstructured for you. You could set up one of those google survey things with a list of the outcomes and space for reflecting.

Don't worry too much - just find the easiest way to do it and get it over with.

Edited by masochist