Burning Calories as my Bio EE topic

barnettjk

Well I talked with my advisor and she didn't have a problem with it, so what i ended up doing was over the summer I had 25 people run 3 different distances and used a formula to approximate their calories burned based on mph.

All in all, experimentation is long done and over with and I have all my data. But now I'm really stuck on how to tackle this to assure a biology point of view. I was thinking of comparing how larger individuals burn more calories than already athletic people, and was going to propose a hypothesis of sorts or suggestion that larger people have this ability so they'd be able to get in shape with "less" amount of effort statistically speaking. I'm still not sure. Would anyone be able to suggest any other ideas for this? Like I have bits and pieces typed up as notes of sorts for certain ideas but like i said i'm stuck in a bit of a rut.

Also for the introduction, would it be appropriate to comment on burning calories for health reasons?

Okay, because I was hearing that some essays generally have lower word counts, Maths and Science papers to be specific.

I'm still unsure of my research question as this EE was only my draft but i'm going towards "Is aerobic exercise more effective than anaerobic exercise in keeping an individual healthy over the long term" The problem is, that though somewhat clear about the two things I am comparing, the 2nd half of the question doesn't seem detailed or 'good enough' to support what I'm trying to convey

What i settled on for now was having my intro give an short overview of metabolic systems and how burning calories works of sorts and the general problem people have with staying at a healthy weight.

I kinda concentrated my paper on the differences in anaerobic vs aerobic exercise in an effort to 'stay fit' (the metabolic rates, calorie burning etc. fall in here) the experimentation fell mainly on running to demonstrate that longer distances due to more time burn more calories, but for the short term.

The anaerobic example was myself and I just gave my observation of myself gaining muscle mass and the lower amount of effort I needed to keep off the pounds. My draft's over and done with for now, but for my revisions would this be an effective example if appropriate at all?

Okay, because I was hearing that some essays generally have lower word counts, Maths and Science papers to be specific.

Science and maths EEs tend to have lower word count, yes, as they include formulae and tables and other things exluded from the word count. But since your topic seems to involve a lot of discussion, you'll porbably end up with a lot of words anyway. But for a non-science EE, I agree, it's good to have more than 3500.