English HL or English SL?

lifehouse

The difference is more or less that in HL you study more texts (but not in more depth) and you do an additional piece of coursework. Being honest there's little to no difference between them, HL is just more work [but then also more lesson time]. I personally think English HL is a good option to pick as a third subject, but then I did pick it :D

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure of the difference, because my school only has English HL. In my opinion, though, it would be sensical to take English HL, because it's the subject you are most familiar with. Since English is your native language, you have been learning it all your life, so it makes sense that you should take it seeing as you have been learning it so long.

Like most people have already mentioned, the major difference is the amount of work you're required to complete. There's one extra World Literature assigment, more works to study, and generally a expectation of you to have a heightened comprehension of literary / poetic devices and vocabulary.

As far as higher level subjects go, English HL isn't terribly difficult. It really just depends on how much work you're willing to put into it.

This might be a bit off topic but I was wondering with the group 1 and 2 subjects, do you have to do at least one of them HL? I can't remember from when I picked my subjects ages ago :D. But I think English HL would be worth taking, because there isn't much difference between the two, and if there's not a lot of extra work, why not take it!