Sign in to follow this  

Referencing Style for Group 4 Extended Essays

I am writing a Group 4 Extended Essay and am not quite sure as to what referencing style I am expected to use. I checked the IBO EE Guide but could not find anything there. Is it supposed to be a standard works citated page with MLA style citations? Do you need to have footnotes/endnotes/embedded citations?

Our teacher says that it's easier for the examiner if we have footnotes on the same page, instead for endnotes and that we should be as nice as possible to the examiner.

But as long as you're consistent and include all details, do whatevern system you want.

Use the one that least distracts the flow of the text. You'll want the text to be as coherent as possible. Remember, however, that even though at the time of writing stuff like this may seem important, these are pretty petty details that the examiner is unlikely to even pay attention to (in terms of the style). Don't panic too much about it :D.

P.S. They won't read footnotes, so don't hide information there!