quick! i need help on my comparative world lit topic plz!

nadinepg92

Ok, so my topic is the following;

How do family expectations in both Chronicle of a Death Foretold and Blood Wedding lead to the major conflict?

As so the teachers have said that it is a good topic, but i am having issues on how to actually DO my world lit. I don't know how to do a well enough outline for i don't really understand how to do a comparison essay (the structure, etc):D.. I have already done a first draft but the teacher told me to do a detailed outline, and she also told me i needed more argument, but i really don't understand, what does she mean with more argument:S... can someone please help me with my essay?!

The ideal way to write a World Lit comparative essay is to do it point vs point. So you make a point about one book and then instantly compare/contrast it with the equivalent point in the other book, each time supported with quotations to prove your point. Altogether you want your points to demonstrate clearly how what is occuring is building up to this major conflict at the end, and your "argument", such as it is, should be compiled of proofs. "PEE" aka point, example, explanation is a nice easy way to think of getting your ideas across. Then in your conclusion you can summarise.

In my opinion you would find it much easier to write if you altered the title to either:

A) To what extent do family expectations in both Chronicle of a Death Foretold and Blood Wedding lead to the major conflict?

B) What is the significance of family expectations in both Chronicle of a Death Foretold and Blood Wedding in creating the major conflict?

Both of these seem much easier questions to write from because really, your previous question is more of a narrative question and that's a lot harder to answer with the right argumentative frame of writing (as you've just experienced). This is just the same question revamped so you feel like you're trying to reach a proper conclusion. I don't know if you want to change it, but I think if you did you'd find this essay much, much easier to write! Go for option A, if I were you. Not that I am! :P

• Like 1

Always do a detailed outline before you start to write anything. Things will get so much easier if you do, and you won't get all this writing-the-essay-anxiety. I suggest that ask your teacher to specify what he/she means and write an outline, taking these advice into consideration. When I write an essay, I aim to have a paragraph-for-paragraph plan/outline, so hat I have all my arguments established before I start to wirte it.

• Like 1