I know what i want to write but i don't have a good research question/topic! HELP!

nadinepg92

i found this very good article which said that Hitler considered himself an art genius and that being a genius he thought he was able to do anything he pleased be it evil or not.

"We define a genius on the basis of his talent. At the time, talent was not the main focus. A genius had to have a strong personality. He was a larger-than-life talent who was permitted to do anything, including evil things. The genius has outstanding ideas, and they must be implemented, even if they are completely amoral....Let me say it one more time: The genius was allowed to be above morality. The amorality of the Nazis represents taking this position to its unthinkable extreme." Historian Birgit Schwarz

I wanted to relate my history to art, so at first i thought about doing something about the Art Theft of the Nazi, yet i didn't really find much contravercy, but with this topic i'm sure to find many, i hope.

yet i'm still doubting because i have no research question? but does it sound like a good topic?

Interesting basis.

Two warnings:

1. If the source isn't credible, you'll have a hard time making any reasoned argument. It seems like the source is okay though.

2. You can't focus an argument around one source. Maybe it'll get you an okay grade for the Historical Investigation for the History IA, but you'll want to aim for at least three good sources that support an argument you're making or at least a lot of depth in one or two sources.

If you can find material that expands on this genius thing and relate it to Hitler [like having a book on how geniuses can do whatever but having no tie in to Hitler would be almost futile. A source like this can be backup material, but it'd be better if the meat of your source is Hitler-centric], then I think this is a great topic. It seems to be a fresh take on an old topic.

Edit: One more thing. Figure out what subject this would go under. You can take it in more than one direction. History seems like the safest, so make sure you're approaching the topic from a historical perspective & read up on the EE guidelines on history. Found here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=109

Edit: This is for the EE right? I assumed this was in the EE forum, but it's actually in the History forum...

Edited by sweetnsimple786

Interesting basis.

Two warnings:

1. If the source isn't credible, you'll have a hard time making any reasoned argument. It seems like the source is okay though.

2. You can't focus an argument around one source. Maybe it'll get you an okay grade for the Historical Investigation for the History IA, but you'll want to aim for at least three good sources that support an argument you're making or at least a lot of depth in one or two sources.

If you can find material that expands on this genius thing and relate it to Hitler [like having a book on how geniuses can do whatever but having no tie in to Hitler would be almost futile. A source like this can be backup material, but it'd be better if the meat of your source is Hitler-centric], then I think this is a great topic. It seems to be a fresh take on an old topic.

Edit: One more thing. Figure out what subject this would go under. You can take it in more than one direction. History seems like the safest, so make sure you're approaching the topic from a historical perspective & read up on the EE guidelines on history. Found here: http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=109

Edit: This is for the EE right? I assumed this was in the EE forum, but it's actually in the History forum...

Hey, thanks a lot:)... good advice, this is actually for my History IA. I will look around for more sources, and check the guidelines. Thanks again.

Oh sorry about that haha. I assumed because I'm in major history EE mode at the moment.

I guess your sources don't need to be as numerous but the more, the merrier [unless you're citing like 25 sources. Then that's a bit much :D].

Also, since you have a max limit of 2000 words, you'll want to keep the research question, when you do formulate it, very specific. The 2000 word limit is deceptive in that it seems like plenty when it's really not considering all the hoops you have to jump through. G'luck.

• Like 1