How to structure the RI?

MybelovedTFB

Hi! Me and my fellow theatre students would love for someone to tell us how the structure is looking for the Research investigation, our teacher says that she cant tell all of us. We do not even know the basic structure. To be honest I dont even know what to do... the outline is due tomorrow, pheu its just an outline, its still manageable. I mean you get the structure in the EE so why cant we know for the RI? I know that I am rambling I am just avoiding spending time on my RI... I am writing about the Chester cycle... Medieval English Theatre... I dont have a Research question yet no.

I am just asking for this tiny little thing, how does the structure look for the RI?

Thanks!

Mandaboo.

Basically what you're doing is taking an aspect of a theatre practice (example: movement in commedia, puppets in kabuki, etc.) and applying it to a specific play. We can't really help you until you get a research question. So, think about what interests you in theatre: lights, sound, directing, acting...etc.

I'll give you some examples for your RQ:

How would the actor playing [specific character] in the Chester Cycle speak and move?

How would the set and lights look in the Chester Cycle?

I've also attached an example RI that received 38/40 from IB. It's about Commedia. The examiner's comments are also included.

Good luck!

thea_high_ea_ri_C _writ.pdf

thea_high_ea_ri_C_comm.pdf

• Like 2

Basically what you're doing is taking an aspect of a theatre practice (example: movement in commedia, puppets in kabuki, etc.) and applying it to a specific play. We can't really help you until you get a research question. So, think about what interests you in theatre: lights, sound, directing, acting...etc.

I'll give you some examples for your RQ:

How would the actor playing [specific character] in the Chester Cycle speak and move?

How would the set and lights look in the Chester Cycle?

I've also attached an example RI that received 38/40 from IB. It's about Commedia. The examiner's comments are also included.

Good luck!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Feels a little bit better!

Sitting at class as we speak which we have about this RI, so thanks!

// Manda