World Lit. help needed.

mecamylamine

Hey my world lit topic is "How authors use food to present the problems amongst characters in A Doll's House and Happy Birthday in Family Ties."

I'm having difficulties in comparing the two texts... like I want to say the use of food on both texts brings to the attention of the reader the problems amongst the characters. and for that i can say blah blah blah. and then I go into detail and say in A Doll's House, the story about the macaroons shows all the problems in the characters' relationship on a small scale, whereas in Happy Birthday, how characters make and eat the food represents how they treat their family members.

Does that make sense? And do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Hey my world lit topic is "How authors use food to present the problems amongst characters in A Doll's House and Happy Birthday in Family Ties."

I'm having difficulties in comparing the two texts... like I want to say the use of food on both texts brings to the attention of the reader the problems amongst the characters. and for that i can say blah blah blah. and then I go into detail and say in A Doll's House, the story about the macaroons shows all the problems in the characters' relationship on a small scale, whereas in Happy Birthday, how characters make and eat the food represents how they treat their family members.

Thank you

Hello!

I remember from writing my World Lits, you have to find something that both Authors do the same (so they both use food) and you have to find something that is different (their authorial purpose), or you could say that they use different techniques to show the same authorial purpose (but the first idea fits better for your two texts).

Also, do you think it would be possible for you to write a whole essay on just macaroons in A Doll's House? I'm not aware of your other text, but if there is symbolism in it, maybe focus on symbolism as it is much more general and gives you lots of things to write about :D

I hope I've helped :P

Thank you

Hello!

I remember from writing my World Lits, you have to find something that both Authors do the same (so they both use food) and you have to find something that is different (their authorial purpose), or you could say that they use different techniques to show the same authorial purpose (but the first idea fits better for your two texts).

Also, do you think it would be possible for you to write a whole essay on just macaroons in A Doll's House? I'm not aware of your other text, but if there is symbolism in it, maybe focus on symbolism as it is much more general and gives you lots of things to write about :D

I hope I've helped :)

Thank you! It is helpful, I wrote it, and it's pretty much like you said but...mine's almost like two different essays :P Like in the first half I talk about the Doll's house, how the food is blah blah blah. Then the second half I wrote in the other story it also represents problems BUT through other ways.....

I plan on...like talk about how Nora lies to Helmer about the Macaroons, and she also lies to him about bigger things. Helmer treats Nora like a child, and throughout the book blah blah blah I'll give examples. And at the end they have that argument and Nora says osmething like "you never take me seriously" or something like that. It's actually a lot to talk about haha.

Again, thank youu :)