Economics: A Comparison of the Viability of Two Different Indexes Measuring Economic Development.

DTE

Hello..

This is a preliminary title (not question, title) for my Economics EE.

A Comparison of the Viability of Two Different Indexes Measuring Economic Development. Of course, the question will be narrow enough to focus on two indexes and probably one country. Please give me feedback. Should the question be narrower? Is this topic approachable, what do you think is the best way to do so? Any ideas on primary sources? Do you think a Macro topic would get a good score? any help please. :)

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll be having trouble collecting primary data for that, I'm afraid. Macro indices are generally a bit out of IB students' league so perhaps you'd be more comfortable choosing a topic from the field of microeconomics. It is often the simplest EEs that end up getting the best marks!

• Like 1

macro generally isn't recommended

then again i took the chance and wrote mine about the GFC

umm. just from reading it, it seems that primary data will be a problem

you can use secondary sources but the danger is that your essay will become to descriptive = marks plummet

how exactly do you plan to answer the question?

i mean you mention indexes but which indexes specifically?

eg. big mac index? GNP?

what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this essay

"viability" is basically saying "are these indexes practical" (i'm assuming that's what your trying to say - correct me if i'm wrong). well...ok? if they are...what about it?

aside from needing to narrow down the question, what is your focus of the essay?