HL Bio Topics to cover for IB Exam?

ABC123456

We currently got a new HL Biology teacher, because our old teacher retired. Actually all of the biology teachers in our IB program left due to various reasons. Us HL Biology students have been feeling really iffy towards our new teacher, because he doesn't seem to have a structure to his class or doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyways, Can anyone tell me or send me a link to where I can find out all the requirements needed to pass HL Biology? Mostly the Topics that we must cover for the IB Exam and how the IA works. I just want to make sure everything is on track. We're all quite worried.

http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=110

You need to know every single thing on the Biology syllabus, meaning all HL and SL stuff plus 2 option topics worth of info (above) andddd as for the IA, it's literally experimental write-up. The general format and idea is very similar to the chemistry one (only obviously Biology write-ups...) so if you have a more experienced science teacher in that department you can go and speak to, it might be a good idea.

All science teachers have to help students write up experiments in any course (to my knowledge), so the IA shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of your teacher having a grip.

http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=110

You need to know every single thing on the Biology syllabus, meaning all HL and SL stuff plus 2 option topics worth of info (above) andddd as for the IA, it's literally experimental write-up. The general format and idea is very similar to the chemistry one (only obviously Biology write-ups...) so if you have a more experienced science teacher in that department you can go and speak to, it might be a good idea.

All science teachers have to help students write up experiments in any course (to my knowledge), so the IA shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of your teacher having a grip.

Thank you very very much. Well to my knowledge our HL Bio teacher has a Bachelors in Biology, but he's got a doctorate, and I don't know if it makes sense but he's a doctor in Religion. Which is sort of contradictory if you look at Evolution. Haha.

He says that for IAs we're going to do 4 labs and treat them all as IAs and then he will pick the 2 best ones to submit to IB. Is that even allowed? It doesn't help that we just did one of them and it felt like the biggest mess. We were testing glucose and protein with a colorimeter, and he kept running out of things we needed to test, like coconut juice, or giving us random amounts so that we would get confused on how to dilute it.

Yes, I think that's allowed. Different teachers do it differently.

Sorry bout the lab. He might just take the best parts of each lab. So perhaps if the data collection on this one was messed up, but the analysis/evaluation/conclusion was good, then he'd grade the latter part and take data collection & processing from another lab. It's hard to get 2 labs where you have everything done really well including a design of the lab if you've only had a total of 4 labs to do. If he's adamant about only sending two rather than breaking the labs up into parts, then become very familiar with the IA grading criteria. Everything's pretty much spelled out for you there. G'luck. =)