Teach yourself SL & HL Biology Options

Matthew Sinclair

The SL & HL Biology options have already been chosen for us, yet I really wanted to do different ones, therefore I've arranged with my teacher that I will not attend class when we're learning the set options and rather I'll just learn the options I want to do by myself. Has anyone else done this that you know of?

As the IB syllabus is very well set out for Biology, this should be pretty easy. Our class self-taught one of the options we did when we took the exams last year, as we ran out of time to complete the syllabus otherwise, and we all did different topics. To my knowledge they're all equally fine. In my opinion it's actually waayyy more efficient to learn the options by yourself (as they are so obvious to pick up on if you have a textbook) and you get a greater amount of spare time to spend on things which're more important XD

It's harder for the other sciences (depending which options you pick), but for Biology I wouldn't worry. Just zoom through the information and you should be fine.

• Like 1