HELP!

teresad

I took the anticipated exams 2009 in french B SL and got a 4.

I am not happy with that grade, because I'm quite good at french

so I was wondering two things,

would I be allowed to retake it along with my other exams 2010?

Is it possible for me to take the ab initio instead of B when I've already taken the anticipated as B?

Need serious help with this ASAP!

Thanks,

Teresa

For the retake, I'm not sure if it's not possible, but my IB Coordinator said that I wouldn't be able to retake an exam that I took in May 09 over again in May 2010. [i'm a M10 candidate.] Not sure about the ab initio, but you're technically not allowed to take ab initio if you've studied the language prior to taking IB. And you said that you're good at French, so I don't think you could take it ab initio.

I'm good at french for an Icelander that is,

not like in britain when you start studiying french in elementary school though...

I really think if I retake the B exam I might get a 5 max but if I could take ab initio I'd get 6 maybe 7

Need a higher score than 4 at least because I need a minimum of 35 on my diploma

Just on a random note, most British people start studying French when they're 11-12 years old. There are schools which start you on it when you're very young, but they're not really the norm :D

Why don't you ask your IB Coordinator? They're going to be the person with all the answers. I have a feeling you won't (well, shouldn't, technically, but some schools nip around a bit with the rules) be allowed to do AB on account of having done French before (and actually getting a 4 on the B exam isn't all that bad!) -- but I don't see why you can't do a retake of the exam in 2010 :P I dunno why sweetnsimple's IBC said a no to that one -- again why you'll have to ask your own!