Sign in to follow this  

History EE Vietnam

Here's the new topic I've thought of:

To what extent was the media to blame for the defeat in the vietnam war?

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm going to argue that the vietnam war was a lost cause even with the televised coverage of the war.

I think I'll divide it into something like

1. How the Media could have possibly affected people's opinions.

2. How the Media didn't affect people's opinions. (Basically how the media didn't really change people's opinions, but only catered to the people's opininons.

3. Actual Facts and statistics about the war.

This is all I got so far, but just tell me if my topic is suitable or not for an EE topic and any ways I could possibly make it better.

Edited by maskedtwilight

Here's the new topic I've thought of:

To what extent was the media to blame for the defeat in the vietnam war?

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm going to argue that the vietnam war was a lost cause even with the televised coverage of the war.

I think I'll divide it into something like

1. How the Media could have possibly affected people's opinions.

2. How the Media didn't affect people's opinions. (Basically how the media didn't really change people's opinions, but only catered to the people's opininons.

3. Actual Facts and statistics about the war.

This is all I got so far, but just tell me if my topic is suitable or not for an EE topic and any ways I could possibly make it better.

i think vietnam would be a good topic to do - theres heaps of information on it, but focusing on the role of media, i think, is a bit obscure. if there's enough information out there (historiography, primary sources etc) it should be okay, otherwise you might be short of evidence. just a few suggestions:

1. "how the media could have possibly affected people's opinions." - to me, this sounds like you're speculating, so be careful with that.

2. don't go into too much TOK - the way you're heading seems a bit TOK-like

3. i think you're going to need analysis of the "facts/statistics" you're going to present, including historiography.

4. make sure you specify which Vietnam War (when Americans talk about Vietnam, they think immediately of the war involved with US involvement, but there was a similar war going on with the French before America. i assume you're talking about the 2nd indo-chinese war)

couple of ideas: look for information before you start writing, make sure you have enough information before you start; go to large libraries to look for your books and use the internet sparingly (i really doubt how useful local libraries are for EE's, try borrow from university/college/state libraries if you can)

good luck

i like it. im going to a model un conference and that is one of our topics. how has media affected the outcomes of wars or conflicts?

btw, do you know any current enemies or countries vietnam doesnt like?