English A1HL

Rain

Ok, well I just want to make sure if everyone around the world has the same work load for this subject.

My entire grade is doing HL English currently and right now my class is require to have a separate notebook for each of the texts we do.....and i mean decent sized books....and I would just like to be reassured that and if everyone has this same amount of work. It's been a month into the course and it looks as though we really will fill this book. O.o

hmmm. I hate to break it to you, but i've nearly finished my English HL course and we never had to do that! We just completed lots of questions and took lots of notes on our texts, and did practice essays and commentarys. Hopefully your workload eases up quite a bit! :D

We didn't have specific notebooks, but with one teacher we generated masses of notes just like that. Depends on how your teacher likes to cover the book. On the negative you'll have an aching hand and a wish to knock yourself out every lesson, on the plus side you'll have loads of extremely in-depth notes by the end and will probably remember a surprising amount after having paraphrased several novels/plays/poems etc. :D I never even read my notes in the end, just used the York Notes/Sparknotes sorts of thing because I felt like I'd read the actual book enough times to last me forever - and indeed I knew it pretty well!