Uni of East Anglia - Good or Not?

Kiaa

Heii everyone,

I'm applying to the UK for uni, and one of my five choices was the University of East Anglia, as I've heard they have a great Development Studies programme, as well as a reputable language department (I'm applying to study International Development and beginners' Spanish). I have a friend in the university who likes it a lot, so I was fairly confident about choosing it as one of my options, but recently a teacher told me that it has a reputation for "breeding left-wingers." I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, but would anyone be able to shed some more light on the university and the general atmosphere?

Thank yoooou

Kiaa

East Anglia is historically extremely right-wing and "let's bring back fox hunting"-esque (honestly every other car has that sticker/is majorly polluting and a 4x4) so that sounds kinda random :D

Afraid I don't know much else, though, although I see quite a few UEA students around Norfolk and they seem happy. Just going by what I know of the area, I expect it'd be a very nice, relaxing location to study in.

I live in East Anglia, it's a nice place, the university actually quite surprisingly scores pretty well, so if it is one of your options I'd say it's good but don't rely on it in terms of prestige. Mind you the quality of the course, ought to be pretty similar in every university.