Are you autistic?

Abu

Are you autistic? Score over 32 means yes.   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Are you autistic?

• Yes
    • No

I find it interesting that people with more autism than others tend to be more intelligent than others, is it possible that the genes that determimne autism can dictate our intelligence, IQ wise? If anyone knows if there have been studies on this, be sure to let me know :punish:

edit: I thought i'd say, a year eariler, my answers would have been very different, so maybe this test isn't all that accurate? You're social experiences can change a lot. A year ago, I was one of those 'nerdy kids', and now, i'ev switched school, got a lot better at social interaction, but i still enjoy the 'nerdy' stuff,, but i also love hanging with my peeps ;P

Edited by timtamboy63

Lol, 7. And not because I'm a whizz at social interaction either :punish: I think it was because I put strongly disagree on all the "do you like repetitive tasks" questions. Might have some mild form of ADD or SUBTRACT (er, ADHD), could be interesting to see.

On the other hand - though this is hardly a representative sample - 14% of the people here voted they had autism, which means that about 11% of the people on this forum (or at least in this topic!) have some level of autism, way higher than the 1 in 1000 rate that is estimate worldwide. Does that mean IB is more likely to be taken by autistic people? I doubt it, although maybe it is, slightly, since autistic people might have better school skills and maybe the IB selects for that. More likely though seems that the type of person who joins this forum has some level of autism, which is interesting. Does that confirm that autistic people have better schools kills than others? Or that they are more focused on studying because they have a better conception of the importance of the future, perhaps arising out of less investment into social connectedness?

Guess even a massively unscientific poll still raises questions...

On the other hand - though this is hardly a representative sample - 14% of the people here voted they had autism, which means that about 11% of the people on this forum (or at least in this topic!) have some level of autism, way higher than the 1 in 1000 rate that is estimate worldwide. Does that mean IB is more likely to be taken by autistic people? I doubt it, although maybe it is, slightly, since autistic people might have better school skills and maybe the IB selects for that. More likely though seems that the type of person who joins this forum has some level of autism, which is interesting. Does that confirm that autistic people have better schools kills than others? Or that they are more focused on studying because they have a better conception of the importance of the future, perhaps arising out of less investment into social connectedness?

Guess even a massively unscientific poll still raises many questions...

Wow this could just be a little bit more elaborated in depth to be a good extended essay! ;) would this fall under psychology or what? :punish:

Edited by R&B not I&B

• 4 months later...

27. That's right around where I thought I'd be, really.

It seems like there are two problems with the test. The first, as others have pointed out, is how ambiguous a factor like social interaction can be. I know for certain that some of my responses would have been different even a few months ago, and radically different a few years ago. Plus, some of those questions were kinda repetitive >.> If I didn't enjoy playing pretend with children when I was a child, would I really enjoy pretending with children today? And why is it that Strongly Agree/Disagree and Slighty Agree/Disagree are weighed the same?

• Like 2

16. More or less the amount I suspected. I love researching so I scored points on those types of questions.

I actually know one person with mild autism and a few people with aspergers in my program. The person with autism is slightly inappropriate at times but quite intelligent and scored 6's on her two tests last year.

Wowowow, I got a 9! That's so much lower than what I expected seeing as I paniced when answering some of the questions thinking "Omg, am gonna get an autistic score!"

I think the only thing that would pull me to an autistic level is the fact I tend to be super shy at times =.0