Sign in to follow this  

How to cite an online PDF file?

Hi,

right now I am writing my Geography IA and I need to use the Chicago Manual of Style for the referencing. All kinds of media types as articles with or without author are explained - but how do I cite a pdf file?

This is the internet address of the file I am using:

http://www.ihk-wiesbaden.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Geschaeftsfelder/ZentraleDienste/Branchenschluessel.pdf

so do I just cite it like a website with that address even though there is a pdf at the end? And then I just add something like accessed on date?

Thanks for your help :]

Viola

I'm not sure, but I'd use the same format as a website. Usually, in the nonprint sector of citation stuff, internet websites are like a big umbrella with a variety of things under them and then you have online journals as another branch from the nonprint sector. So that's why I think you'd be safe citing it as a web page. Plus I don't think your teacher will really notice or care enough :P