TOK presentation topic.

bitterr_sweet

You have to be a little bit more specific. What sorts of knowledge issues do you consider raised by food?

I'm sure people will be happy to give you feedback, but you'll need to be clearer about the topic you want to discuss first.

... assuming you've thought about the topic, that is! If not: you need to address particular knowledge issues in your presentation rather than just generalised topics or subjects. The presentation criteria can be kinda opaque as to what they really want your presentation to be about - as is most of TOK, unfortunately! Basically you want to look at the ways of knowing and the areas of knowledge and somehow incorporate how they apply to your topic into a presentation (which is what they mean by knowledge issue - an issue with how we come by/treat the knowledge we have).

You have to be a little bit more specific. What sorts of knowledge issues do you consider raised by food?

I'm sure people will be happy to give you feedback, but you'll need to be clearer about the topic you want to discuss first.

... assuming you've thought about the topic, that is! If not: you need to address particular knowledge issues in your presentation rather than just generalised topics or subjects. The presentation criteria can be kinda opaque as to what they really want your presentation to be about - as is most of TOK, unfortunately! Basically you want to look at the ways of knowing and the areas of knowledge and somehow incorporate how they apply to your topic into a presentation (which is what they mean by knowledge issue - an issue with how we come by/treat the knowledge we have).

basicallyy I want to discuss how people differentiate between gourmet and fast food. or what makes.."good" food. like..how do you determine good food? Or even what makes certain foods attractive.

basicallyy I want to discuss how people differentiate between gourmet and fast food. or what makes.."good" food. like..how do you determine good food? Or even what makes certain foods attractive.

I don't know how much depth you're going to get with that. I mean, ok you can go on about taste and perception and such, but when someone give you a burger, you're not going to say that's a gourmet meal. Then when you go to a posh restaurant to have a three course meal, you're not about to say you're going out for fast food. I don't see much to argue about here.

In terms of good food, I suppose you *can* talk about culture but then that's kind of it. What knowledge problem are you thinking about here? Bias? Well...ok, but can you talk 10 minutes on the bias of food tasting?