How do I do this? Math SL

Pwhdavey

I have never understood Maths SL over the two years and my exams are next week. My internals turned out bad (8/40). My practise externals were bad.

So giving that I got 8/40 for the internals, which I think comprise 25% of the final grade, how can I estimate the percentage of marks in Paer 1 and Paper 2 I need to get respectively in order to get a 2 overall in Maths SL?

Thanks a lot

You can checkout the mark boundaries and breakdowns for last year (May09):

http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=3562

However obviously they won't be the same boundaries as for Nov09. Also arguably your time might be better spent practising maths - knowing the minimum percentage won't change your grade, but practising past papers (especially for Maths) can! Definitely definitely do past papers. I was useless at Maths and did endless past papers (it was awful) in the weeks before my exams and my grade went up from what I'd been predicted for all the two years :P

Good luck!

As Sandwich said, I wouldnt really worry much about how much you need to get because to me, IB Exams are extremely unpredictable. For instance, you can say "ok im going to get x point" and then work accordingly but then something might go weird and 'kookoo' in the exams and get much lower. Don't leave yourself 'attached' and held on the lower limit. For IB, you have to work extremely hard and even then, you dont know what you might get. :D