IB Past Papers

risingsun500

Hi everybody!

I've heard from many others that it's very helpful to practice the IB exam by working with a lot of the past papers.

I live in the States and so, I've heard because I live in the States, there aren't a lot of IB resources here yet.

I was wondering for all of you, where do you get your IB past papers from?

Is there any website that has these?

Did you have to purchase them?

Much thanks! Good luck to everyone!

Actually it doesn't really matter where you live (indeed the USA has the most IB schools of any country in the world by a margin of a lot!), you can't find anything related to the IB in shops anywhere, if that's what you mean by thin resources. The only real solution you can find yourself would be :D - the other thing you can do yourself is ask your teachers. Our teachers have a backlog of past papers from ever since our school started teaching the IB, so 5 or 6 years' worth of papers. Generally they want to refer back to them too, so they'll pretty definitely have copies! You can ask for them to be photocopied/put onto a CD or something so you can have a look and work through them.

You -can- buy them from the IBO website but they're ridiculously expensive (so nobody does).

People here can't link you to any past papers etc. as that's against the law, so you'll have to research that bit yourself if your teachers don't pull through. They're out there :)

People here can't link you to any past papers etc. as that's against the law,

I beg to differ here, why should it be illegal to link to past papers? Google does it and no one is prosecuting google! I encourage you to visit here , you'll find most of the papers you need there. TZ1 means Time Zone 1 = America, TZ2 is the rest of the world. TZ0 means there is only one time zone for that paper. I cannot guarantee that site to be trojan/malware free, it looks a bit dodgy. The URL is www.freeexampapers.com if you prefer that to clicking a link.

• Like 1

People here can't link you to any past papers etc. as that's against the law,

I beg to differ here, why should it be illegal to link to past papers. Google does it and no one is prosecuting google! I encourage you to visit here , you'll find most of the papers you need there. TZ1 means Time Zone 1 = America, TZ2 is the rest of the world. TZ0 means there is only one time zone for that paper. I cannot guarantee that site to be trojan/malware free, it looks a bit dodgy. The URL is www.freeexampapers.com if you prefer that to clicking a link.

Ahhh yes, I meant it as in "there are no past papers here". :D Not smart wording there!

Hi everybody!

I've heard from many others that it's very helpful to practice the IB exam by working with a lot of the past papers.

I live in the States and so, I've heard because I live in the States, there aren't a lot of IB resources here yet.

I was wondering for all of you, where do you get your IB past papers from?

Is there any website that has these?

Did you have to purchase them?

Much thanks! Good luck to everyone!

you can also find them in ibpapers.net

• 3 weeks later...

you can ask your teacher for past papers or example question. I think the school buys them and then they can distribute them to students, but I'm not sure. My school allows teachers to give past papers to students but not those from the year (or two years, again I'm not exactly sure) before. For example last year, IB2 got the past papers from 2008 as their mocks and we got the 2007 papers as our mini-mocks. But our math teacher always made question banks for us for revision for each new topic. Again, ask your teacher if he or she can get you past papers for revision. Good luck!

• Like 1