Happiest Day of Your Life

How old were you on the happiest day of your life and what happened? A random question... but I think quite a few of us sometimes have to just take a step back from all the stress and think about happy times. :rolleyes:

I'll start. I was sixteen on the happiest day of my life and it was just quite an ordinary day. My friends and I were tired as hell after school. Conveniently, it was a Friday so we all went out to McDonald's to eat a bit before retiring to home to sleep. However, what initially started as just a brief stay at Mickyd's to get food extended onto a five-hour conversation about life, haha. The six of us just kept on talking for hours on end about nothing special but it's still so memorable to me today. Even though typically, I guess you would expect going out to party and movies to be memorable - but it was this LOOONG conversation that was most memorable to me. And I just felt so happy and refreshed after it... so it has, in my mind, taken the title of the "happiest day of my life", haha.

What about you guys? I'm curious to know.

I reallyyy can't pick just one haha. I have "happiest days" separated into different categories in my brain, like happiest day academically, happiest day relationship-wise, happiest day friendship-wise, happiest day at volunteering etc.

But I'd go with this day by a slight margin if I had to choose (this is going to be cliche because it's about my relationship, so read no further if it bothers you :rolleyes: lol):

It was just this past August, so I was (and still am) 19, and I had volunteering at the animal shelter in the morning followed by working at the vet clinic afterwards. It was kind of a slow day but it was fun and I was tired by the end of the day. I came home and was just watching TV/movies as usual when my boyfriend texts me and tells me to look outside..he decided to pay me a surprise visit and had driven to my house after work. We ended up playing board games, making stupid moving MSN display pictures lol, and talking and talking for hours until way after sunset. Then we realized that it was pitch black and finally looked at the time to see that we'd spent like 7 hours just talking and hanging out. So then he drove home haha.

Really it wasn't anything super romantic or extraordinary but it stands out in my mind because a) it was one of the last times we saw each other before we both left for uni again, and b) it was really nice to just talk and enjoy each other's company without doing anything. It also reminds me of "simpler times" when I think about it because we had all the time in the world and could afford to do nothing for 7 hours..as opposed to now where my "breaks" mean taking a break from one subject and starting on another :).

Edited by __inthemaking

__inthemaking - your anecdote is very heartwarming. :rolleyes: I had this discussion about the "happiest day of one's life" with a group of friends and we all ended up choosing simple moments. It's funny because the moments that are supposed to be super memorable, like, say - going on a trip to the other side of the world, aren't particularly memorable while conversations with loved ones seem to be agreed upon as the most special.

Edited by greaterthaninfinity

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Even though I have travelled to different countries, and won awards, one of my happiest momments would be when my dad and I fixed the downstairs toilet together, and I learned how a toilet works and we went and got parts together, he is really busy, so it is wonderful to spend time with him!

Another one would be during my first interview for a newspaper article, nothing could beat my energy and excitement then, the ones after that weren't even a fraction as exciting.