World Literature Prescribed Reading List?

schizoidal

I have written my WL2 on Amelie Nothombs "Fear and Trembling" and just found out that it is not on the copy of the IB WL Prescribed Reading List here: http://www.biss.com.cn/upgrade/admin/files/A1%20PWL.pdf

Although it may simply be that that copy is outdated or incorrect, which I sincerely hope is the case, I am somewhat worried as to whether my WL2 will be marked. The text was set by my teacher, and she has taught it for at least 2 years, however last years graduating class at my school many received quite low english marks (lower than they had been predicted) and I am concerned it may be because several of them wrote one of their WL essays on it, and that my year may be commiting the same mistake.

I am planning on asking my teacher about it tomorrow (especially since they want them in to send off tomorrow) but I thought I may as well ask about it here. Any thoughts/suggestions?

If they are sending the papers off tomorrow, there's really nothing you can do. Even if you wanted to write another paper, you'd have to use another one on your school's list...

anyways, don't despair. For one of my WL texts, my teacher got a book approved that wasn't on the list [if I understood the teacher correctly]. The book wasn't a work translated from another language, but it's still one of our WL works.

More than likely, getting a 0 on a WL paper is going to cause more than a few marks lower than predicted, so if this is case, then it's a possibility. Also, if previous students have looked at the breakdown component marks, then they would have known something was amiss with the WL and notified the teacher. My advice is to banish it from your mind for a few hours and ask the teacher tomorrow. Hope your teacher didn't mess up. =/

It's very unlikely that papers are going to be sent off tomorrow. Your exams are about 6 months away and the deadline is the middle of March. Examiners might not have finished reading the papers from November yet, so at any rate you should be able to amend/change your World Lit if you've got a valid concern.