Sign in to follow this  

Can I do the IB in different schools?

Hey

I was wondering, can i take IB1 in a school and IB2 in another one ?

Thanks! :blink:

Of course you can! But you need to make sure that the other school offers IB. Also, you might want to check whether the other school offers the subjects that you are taking in your current school because if not, that will get messy and it will be more work for you.

• Like 1

Yup you sure can, many people did that. Just as long as you write down everything you have done so that it doesnt lead to confusion in the second school. Also, make sure that the second school does the subjects you are taking.

I did that, but found it to be a very burdening transition. For example in languages, different schools have different book selections. I had to do a lot of catching up for my A1 and A2 language courses. It is also likely that the schools have progressed in a different pace from each other, so you might find yourself either catching up in all your subjects or being way ahead. IAs will be a big ordeal in case you're the only who hasn't done them!

You should also check that you're on schedule with the EE and TOK essay. If you can figure those out, I think you'll do okay. Good luck! It's not easy, but if you really want to do it, it's definitely possible.

I have finished my IB 1 year, but we are moving to a different country, with a different language which will be problematic, but they have every subject I need, apart from A1 SL Which I will be happy to do as Self Study.

I would be interested to know how moving to another school worked with you eventually.

I have done this before, and it is perfectly fine, as long as you maintain the same subjects. It's just quite difficult to adjust to the new school's way of teaching IB, but that's the only downside.