TOK Essay Format

Master Oz

Greetings fellow IB'ers :P

Basically my TOK final draft is due next week Friday so currently giving the essay a few finishing touch ups. I haven't been working on it for quite some time because after getting my first draft checked, I just left it to focus on my other drafts. Upon reading and correcting the text, I thought about how the essay should be structured in order to make it more effective to the reader. I wrote on the topic "To what extent is the truth different in mathematics, the arts and the ethics?"

My current format is actually answering the question in the first part of my essay then doing the counter arguments in the last part and then ending of with the conclusion. Would you suggest me talking about the truth in one area of knowledge followed by its counter arguments and then do the same procedure for the other two AOK's and then end off? Or is my previous format the better choice? Any other format would be appreciated as well :D.

Master Oz XD

I haven't thought much about this prompt, but I figure your argument for each AoK will be relative to your arguments for the other two AoKs. If your argument links two or more AoKs then you'd want to have discussed them first. But if you're just saying truth in mathematics is absolute, from your standpoint, but others argue that it's not, then these kinds of counter arguments would go right after you've talked about the AoK. [As opposed to a counter argument being truth isn't absolute in math or ethics, if you said it was absolute in ethics. For this one, I'd put the counter after you've talked about math and ethics] Anyways, that's what I'd probably do. Hope this wasn't too confusing to read.