Why did you choose the IB programme?

I did preIB for a year and loved the teachers and their styles, and I figured for me, I'd be able to do better in school if I did IB instead of AP. And in case we moved again, I'd have a much better chance if I started IB. Just the smaller details that made it the "smart" choice. And once I started, it was the people who kept me in it =)

I actually signed up the last day in my area. My friend told me about it and i ended up taking a whole school day off so i can rush to get an application!

looking back on it, it just seems like such an impulsive driven by something beside myself.

If there was one moment I felt like something happened like a divine puzzle piece of my life, I would say this would be it!

it just happened :P

I think I walked under a ladder...

Honestly, somebody told me it would make me more likely to be accepted into University than A Levels. Experience has since set the record straight and I know that whoever came up with this propaganda gem was talking utter BS, because it's the other way round and I was a gullible fool :P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My ex girlfriend was doing it...

Kidding, a the time it seemed like a challenge i was fully capable of doing. Our school however is new to IB, we only took on the course in 2008, and we arent a fully IB school, it is only offered as an alternative, so it has been a bit if a struggle in that sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to Spain for an exchange year. Since I already knew English I decided to start on an international school, which had IB. When the year passed and I went back to Denmark I had the choice between either entering the Danish system (which I wasn't too keen on, as I have bad experiences with the Danish mentallity and teaching ;p) or IB. So I looked for IB schools in Denmark and got accepted! =D

Right now I have a heavy load of Internal Assessments hanging over me, but I do not regret entering IB at all. All the people, all my friends... IB is wonderful (:

Sadly the year above me leaves now ):

Honestly I chose it because I like being challenged. Talking to kids in the regular program makes it so clear how much more we learn and how much faster we have to learn it. Not that the other kids are stupid or anything, but I personally find the pace of IB to be right for me - being in a "normal" class would make me fall asleep and not try at all in school. That, and I just .. like learning ahead and learning new things.

Edited by kelly lien

• 3 months later...

I didn't even realize I was in IB until it started becoming serious.

But if I had the choice to quite, I would have stayed. I like the fact that IB is challengingly hard yet prepares you very well for college, and I love all the extra stuff we learn in most subjects. :)

If I were to go back 3 years and be able to do things differently? I wouldn't change a thing, although I would take IB more seriously from the beginning.

I chose IB primarily because it seemed more challenging, interesting, and engaging than the normal high school program, and I figured I was smart enough and hard enough a worker to be successful. I also figured it would probably help me to obtain scholarships to pay for post-secondary education. It had the very happy side effects of allowing me to go to a better school than the one I was supposed to go to (there are a few high schools in my city, and I was slated to go to two of the worse ones [they're technically two separate schools, but they're within quick walking distance so they've kinda merged into one]), allowing me to meet a lot of great people, and allowing me to take courses that aren't often offered (such as AP Physics, which has been offered only once in the past 10 years in my province, and AP Psychology, which has consistently failed to be offered at the school(s) I was supposed to go to). I also believe it is because of IB that I ended up with the second highest university entrance average in the province, and thus received a free ride to my university.

I suppose I could have just taken the easy way out and done joke courses during high school like a lot of people do and gotten out of it with a respectable average. That said, given the chance, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm really glad I did it. It was hard, but I enjoyed it, and it really benefited me in the long run.

Nope, in fact it may make it harder to get accepted, because you do a great job, kill your self in the exam and you get a 6 in a HL, but some universities don't care that it's IB..and it's a HL, they just care what your HL marks are and your total score. There are universities that care about these things, but I would say you would find these unis in UK, US, CANADA and Australia, I think. The rest, don't really care.