Why did you choose the IB programme?

It seemed very attractive to do IB at the beginning, since only a small handful of people in Zimbabwe do IB <its quite a hard programme to get into>. And doing A Levels at my previous school didnt attract me at all. Had some baaaad experiences at my previous school and going back to that school made me want to quit school. Then i decided to do the IB at an all boys school (they only let a few girls in to the IB in the last 2 years of High School). Got in and started doing it. Man oh man did i get a wake up call when i started IB2. :blink: lol

No reason. My friend, whom I hate for this reason, suggested me to. I'm a US citizen going to a US university, so I find no point in doing it. I know, it might give me some credit, prepare me for college... but IB exams are SO expensive, and I could have taken AP courses instead. Right now, I regret it so much and I have lots of days where I wonder if I should drop it (I only don't because it probably looks bad on my transcript if I did).

Actually, I think I did the IB ONLY so I could take TOK, since TOK was a course only IB students could take. And then they tell me this year that anyone can take TOK... SO. MAD.

doing what your friend suggests you to isn't always a good thing is it?

they suck.

No reason. My friend, whom I hate for this reason, suggested me to. I'm a US citizen going to a US university, so I find no point in doing it. I know, it might give me some credit, prepare me for college... but IB exams are SO expensive, and I could have taken AP courses instead. Right now, I regret it so much and I have lots of days where I wonder if I should drop it (I only don't because it probably looks bad on my transcript if I did).

Actually, I think I did the IB ONLY so I could take TOK, since TOK was a course only IB students could take. And then they tell me this year that anyone can take TOK... SO. MAD.

doing what your friend suggests you to isn't always a good thing is it?

they suck.

Hahaha, definitely not. I never heard of the IB until we were supposed to choose our classes 2 years ago. I totally underestimated the work load... I didn't know it would be this difficult... :(

I chose IB because, to be honest, I didn't want to do A-Levels. I could never have narrowed my choices down to 4 or 3 subjects, and I enjoy being well-rounded - I like to have several ways of thinking, like some days maths, or others English etc.

Also, I like how IB challenges you to think. (Didn't pick it for this reason, but I really like that aspect now.) Many teachers at my school teach both A-Levels and IB, and often they compare how A-Levels is just the content, while IB provokes you to think further and look at world issues in all your subjects, not just in the social sciences. I mean, who knew I'd be talking about the Argentinean recession of 2001 in Spanish?

So far, I don't regret taking IB; TOK isn't actually boring (it does help how my teacher is an actual philosophy teacher and loads of fun), CAS is enjoyable and my subjects are interesting, but then again, I've only been doing IB for a month.

Ask me again in 6 months, and we'll see what I say then.

• 5 months later...

I chose it because of the School - It's a new school specializing in Arts. Yeah and I lost interest in music. I wish i went to a normal Secondary school and Junior college *shrugs*.

I'd have chosen Math, Chemistry and Biology/Econs if i were to do A levels.

Edited by whatisreality

i actually signed up by accident. I wasn't really paying attention to the paperwork and kinda just signed it. Then with some presentation by our coordinator, I thought that it was pretty interesting. little did i know i would be selling my soul. though i don't regret it.