Sign in to follow this  

ITGS help needed

So, our teacher still gives us the portfolios that we have to do, even though the IB "stopped" it a couple of years ago. 3/4 of the class can't find a good issue, and the other quarter barely got there's accepted. So, does anyone have a good issue with regards to a new [past 5 years max.] technology that is controversial and impacts one of those 5 years [politics, etc...]? I was thinking about talking about the Large Hadron Collider, but I can't find what the controversy about it is.

Any input would be helpful

Maybe replacing whiteboards and other written school work with smartboards and laptops? It could be controversial, the older generation sure doesn't like it...

To add on to what the above poster said, it could be controversial because smartboards/laptops use electricity to run, whereas whiteboards don't. But at the same time, whiteboards waste markers (especially in my math class, we go through a few a day) and so the environment has to pay for it. :/