I need help with Italian A1

Simus

Hi everyone,

I take italian A1 SL self-taught. I find the assignments ok and not too hard. However, I always wonder if I am doing the right thing and if I am structuring my essays in the right way. I usually base the structure of my essays from the knowledge acquired in the English A2 course and from what I learnt from my past years in english class. However, I do not know if there are big changes in structure when doing an essay in Italian rather than one in english. For this reason I am always unsure of what I am doing. I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on this. I also wanted to know if any of you know of the existence of a textbook which is only about Italian A1 and offers sample essays. It would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance to everyone :P

Edited by Simus

Come fa piacere che c'è un italiano che studia il italiano come la sua lingua materna (:

How wonderful, to find an italian who is studying italian as his mother tongue (:

Anyway, I do French A1 self-taught and what you need to know is that the structure for A1 languages are the same, regardless of the language. I recommend you have a look at the A1 criterion for writing commentary's for Paper 1 responses. As far as I'm aware there isn't a book specific to Italian A1. At my school, a guy in year 13 is studying Italian A1 self-taught and as far as he's concerned there is no book material available.

BTW have you chosen all you books from the given Prescribe book list?

Edited by Bishup

In fatto, abiti in Svizzera? Non avevi voglio di scegliere l'inglese oppure un'altra lingua invece del'italiano. Sono soltanto curioso perché, avevo la possibilità di studiare il inglese ma mi è piaciuto l'idea di potere studiare qualcosa da solo e anche perché abitavo a Parigi per dieci anni (:

In fact do you live in Switzerland? Did you not want to choose English or another language instead of Italian. I am just curious because, I had the possibility to study english but I liked the idea of being able to study something alone and also because I lived in Paris for 10 years.

Edited by Bishup

Guarda, mi sono trasferito in Svizzera quando avevo 13 anni. Ho vissuto quasi tutta la mia vita in Italia ed inglese non è la mia lngua migliore. Quando arrivai in Svizzera mi resi conto che non sapevo metter due parole in fila d'inglese ed, il mio primo anno, ho dovuto fare un corso d'inglese intensivo. Per questo motivo ho scelto Italiano come lingua A1.

Allora quale materie stai studiando? Mi scusi per dovere scrivere qui, ma il messagio non sembra funzionare. Non so perché. :D

So what subjects have you taken? I'm sorry to have to write here, but the message doesn't seem to work. I don't know why. :D

Edited by Bishup

Le mie materie sono:

Math HL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

Italian A1 SL

English A2 SL

Economics SL

Le mie higher sono abbastanza toste. In particolar modo fisica mi sta dando parecchi problemi perchè ci metto tanto a capire i concetti e spendo un sacco di tempo esercitandomi. Però tutto questo impegno dà i suoi frutti e sto prendendo voti abbastanza alti.

Edited by Simus

Hai scelto le materie le piu dificile. Oppure quasi :P Trovo che le concetti in Chimica sono dificile ma bisogna studiare un pochino e poi sara meglio. Ma, Maths, e dificile, mi piace pero ci vuole fare molto domande per capire bene. Ho una prova di Matematica Venerdi sule funzione logaritmiche e i polynomi(non so come dirlo in italiano). Se sono bocciato agli provi potresti aiutarmi forse, dovrai chiedere gentilmente XD

You've chosen the hardest subjecs. Or almost :D I find the concepts in Chemistry hard but you need to study a bit and then it's better. But, Maths, is difficult, I liked it but it requires alot of practice in order to understand well. I have Maths test Friday on Logarithmic functions and polynomials. If I fail my test, you could help me maybe, I'd have to ask nicely :D

Edited by Bishup

Si ti aiuto volentieri. :P Sono bravo abbastanza nei polinomi, ma quando si tratta di logs sono una frana. Pensa che nella mia classe il test erà così difficile che tutti sono stati bocciati. Questo non ha inlfuito molto sul mio mid-term grade perchè ho presso 100% in tutti i miei altri test. XD Sto avendo parecchi problemi con TOK. Devo fare la mia presentazione orale e non ho un topic. Hai qualche suggerimento ? :D