Is this syllabus up to date?

Saim

I just finished prep-IB, and since Maths is my weakest subject I want to look over the curriculum during the Christmas holidays so I'm better prepared for next year. Is this list of topics: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/IB_Mathematics_%28SL%29 up to date? I borrowed the textbook that my school provides for Maths SL next year and there are 29 chapters - honestly, there couldn't be that many topics, could there? I guess they just split the topics into many different chapters.

This is the proper official IB syllabus: http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=86

The SL syllabus isn't as big as the HL syllabus, so it shouldn't be that bad.

I don't have a VIP membership so I can't really look at that. I will purchase one next year, but I don't see the point now when all I need is a list of Maths SL topics. Is it possible for you to just post a list of them here? Or direct me to somewhere else that has it? I'll use the Biology topics as an example for what I need:

1. Statistical Analysis

2. Cells

3. Chemistry of Life

11. Human Health

That's what's available on the Wikibooks page, but I'm not sure if it's accurate.

I don't think you have to be VIP to download the syllabi. Have you tried the link Aboo posted?

The reason for so many chapters is that you can't really cover everything under one topic in one normal sized chapter. For example for bio, there are about 6 chapters for plants in my text book and one one topic regarding them on the bio syllabus.

Edited by sweetnsimple786

I don't think you have to be VIP to download the syllabi. Have you tried the link Aboo posted?

Oh, you're right! Thank you!

The reason for so many chapters is that you can't really cover everything under one topic in one normal sized chapter. For example for bio, there are about 6 chapters for plants in my text book and one one topic regarding them on the bio syllabus.

Thanks, that's what I thought.