How many IB students do you have in your school?

cyrenazbib

We are in our first year, we started off with a nice even number of 10, but we have 8 now, or nine. One boy the rest girls as it is technically a girls school. In a year of about 120 people only a few are IBers. Most take A levels and some do vocational diplomas and the like.

Nope, but there are very few guys in our year, there's about six. In sixth form (last two years of high school) guys can apply to come to our school for all there lessons, though hardly any do. I think preference does go to girls because it is still a girls school. We have more boys who have one of their lessons here, but only a handful have all of their lessons here.

• 2 weeks later...

My school is small to start with, and so far no one had dropped out and its too late to anyway...

Pretty much everyone is doing A Levels :/ After having started IB, i wish i did take A Levels, but i was bullied into IB by my school and parents because -its been said to be a zillion times- universities prefer IB students.

hmm. I wish we had bigger classes though, there isnt much variety when it comes to making friends :/

There's about 25 in my year. About 2 drop out each year.

About half of the really smart people are in IB, another half chose to do the state certificate for different reasons: easier, already doing higher year subjects, want a perfect state percentage etc.

My school markets itself as an IB school - some students come in just for IB from other schools. We have been the only IB school in the country for years, with only recently another school opening.

We don't have an alternative to IB - if we're there, we're doing it, either as diploma, certificate (minority) or IBCC (about 3 in my year). There was about 80 of us taking the exam I think.

We have 8 doing the full diploma in our school, which is the biggest it has been in a long time. A couple of the smartest people in my grade are only doing certificates, and one dropped entirely to contribute their time to an extra-curricular so the ones who are hanging in there feel pretty special.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At my school in NZ of a little under 1100 students, there are around 45 students in Cohort #1 (our school only started to offer IB last year!), and then an additional 32 or so in Cohort #2 (the one I am in). In our school, IB is supposed to be for Average-Above Average people, but we have to be really motivated pretty much all the time.